Saturday, December 27, 2008

an encouragement to the as of yet undiscovered brilliant crafts people

I am working on an old invention. I invented in the 90's. I won an award for the pieces using the technique in 2000 but the local cape town galleries did not have enough understanding of ceramics to grasp the magnitude of my discoveries and inventions. so it is only now that the american market has picked up on my song ware that they see how technicaly centric my art is that they wanted to see a full portfoleo of all my innovations in porcelain. and lo and behold golly golly gosh after 12 years of simmiring on the back burner suddenly an ellated bunch of well travelled international buyers bored with same same dying for something a little more cutting edje. oh gosh. I often say there are two components to the equation of being in the right place at the right time. one is the time the other is the place. simple. if you in the right place you need to do one thing only. remain in the right place and wait for the right time to come.hone your craftmanship. dont sit and waste time but be in a state of reddyness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment